Friday, July 5, 2013

Venting Your Frustrations is all about TIming!

We all have those days... you know, when we are fed up, wrung out, at the end of our rope and had just about all we can take for one day... and then somebody, some unsuspecting person pops right up and decides that now, RIGHT NOW, is the very best time, to tell you exactly how they feel about what you did concerning blah blah blah. Really? That has to be today?  They have no idea what they are in for.

Or, in the case of my sister Ann, who has recently been diagnosed with Stage 4 Metastasized Cancer, I don't think there is a good time to VENT on her... not for a while probably, if ever. My advice is to not try it. For your own good.

Recently, Ann posted something on FaceBook about how grateful she is that when friends and family are not available to talk to, God always is. She is comforted by this knowledge, because being a Christian, and knowing that God is always there to listen, to put His arms around you, means you are never truly alone. What she wrote was touching and sweet, and true. We all loved it, except for this one woman.... I'll call her Tammy.

I didn't see her response, nor my sister's response to her response...I'll call the woman Tammy since I don't know her real name. Tammy had the good sense to remove it before I had the chance. But the gist of it was this: she thought that right then was a great opportunity to point out when my sister had NOT been there for HER... and all the things she had failed to do for her, etc etc. Which was totally selfish and UNTRUE. Ann stood by Tammy when her mother passed away. And took vacation time to go on a quite unpleasant road trip with this woman to help her clean out her deceased mothers house... for which she received nothing but criticism. Ann stood by Tammy when she herself had cancer, when Tammy's husband had cancer, when Tammy was suffering with chemo.... anyway you get my drift. Ann was a friend to this unpleasant woman, because it was the Christian thing to do, not because it was the easy thing to do. And then this woman is going to step out ON FB, and criticize her! Needless to say, my Christian attitude slipped just a tidge and my human nature took over. Which is why it was a good thing I didn't find out who the woman really was!

SO... what I said was this... IF anyone thinks it is wise and appropriate to criticize Ann for anything...it is suggested that you come to me first. Let us talk it over and then we will see if you still think it is important enough to approach her with it or if you and Jesus just need to have a little sit-down and be done with it.

In other words.... for people who are a little slow on the uptake... NOW is not a good time to be causing Ann grief. Not NOW, not EVER. She has a bit much on her plate and she doesn't need to be stressed by any petty arguments or grievances that anyone wants to share with her. Learn to let it go instead and offer her some support. To my knowledge, she never NEVER was mean or hateful to anyone, but was helpful to everyone, and if she couldn't help, she was at the very least, POLITE. I expect no less from all her friends, former co-workers, and acquaintances now. And if your urge to tell her off is so great you can't contain yourself, contact me, you can tell me off instead.

That is all.

1 comment: